ILLAMPU CLIMBING 6 DAYS
One of the most demanding mountains in the Cordillera Real, both physically and technically, this should only be tried by those in very good shape and with a reasonable amount of experience on the ice. Previously make a mountain of 5000, to be well acclimatized.
Day 01: La Paz / Transfer to Ancoma (4200m) Camp
A full day in vehicle. We travel to the valley of Sorata where we eat and continue our journey until we reach the community of Ancona and install our camp.
Day 02: Ancoma / Trekking to Aguas Calientes (4600m) Camp
After our breakfast we continue to our next camp to Aguas Calientes 4.600 m. 4 or 5 hours of walking
Day 03: Aguas Calientes / Ascend to Illampu High Camp (5600m) Camp
After five hours of walking through rocky parts and moraines of immense glacier we arrived at high camp at 5,600 m.
Day 04: High Camp / Ascend to Illampu Summit (6328m) / Descend to Aguas Calientes Camp
This morning in the morning at 01:00 a.m. we start with climbing for six or seven hours by the ice wall, which is technically 60 to 75 degrees of inclination, and then we reach the edge of the mountain and then reach the summit, From where we appreciate an impressive panoramic view of the Cordillera Real and return to camp Aguas Calientes
Day 05: Aguas Calientes / Trekking to Ancoma (4200m) Camp
This day we continue with the return mules to the town of Ancona and set up our camp
Day 06: Ancoma / Transfer to La Paz Hotel
IN THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- UIAGM mountain guide
- Assistant climbing guides for more clients
- Experienced Cooks
- Experienced climbing porters
- Camp Guard
- Donkeys and donkey drivers
- Meals (breakfast, all snacks, lunch, afternoon tea, large dinner) during the Climbs
- Tents (personal tent, dining tent with table and chairs, kitchen tent and toilet tent)
- Personal tents for clients & crew
- All cooking equipment, plates, cups, utensils etc.
- Private Transfer during climbing (go and back)
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transfer from airport to hotel
- Personal Equipment of climbing
- Tours acclimatization
- National Park Entrance
- Hotels Bolivia
- Meals and drinks in the city
- Additional taxes in cities