CLIMBING CHOPICALQUI 5 DAYS
Chopicalqui 6354mt is spectacularly situated northeast of and connected to Peru’s highest peak, Huascaran Sur. With Huascaran Norte and Sur, it is the third highest summit encircling the Llanganuco Glacier, This is a 4 or 5-day expedition to Chopicalqui's beautiful summit via a complex and high quality route in the Cordillera Blanca Peru.
Day 01: Huaraz / Transfer Llanganuco / Trekking to Chopicalqui Base Camp (4300mt) Camp
We head out past the beautiful Llanganuco lakes and on to the trailhead where we load our donkeys and ascend to the chopicalqui Base Camp.
Day 02: Chopicalqui Base Camp / Ascent to Chopicalqui Moraine Camp (4900mt) Camp
Continue the approach, arriving to the moraine camp mid-afternoon.
Day 03: Moraine Camp / Ascent to Chopicalqui High Camp (5300mt) Camp
Continue up to the High Camp located at the very foot of the glacier. That night we prepare for the following days summit climb.
Day 04: High Camp / Ascent to Chopicalqui Summit (6354mt) / Descend to Base Camp (4300mt) Camp
Summit day! We wake at 2:00 am and after a light breakfast depart for the summit at 3:00am. Around 8:00am we arrive at the summit and discover why everyone talks about the view! We return to our camp around 2:00pm and continue on back down to the Base Camp.
Day 05: Base Camp / Descent through Llanganuco / Transfer to Huaraz Hotel Huaraz
We trek out to Llanganuco and then return to Huaraz.Time to relax after the climbing and celebrate.
IN THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- UIAGM mountain guide
- Assistant climbing guides for more clients
- Experienced Cooks
- Experienced climbing porters
- Camp Guard
- Donkeys and donkey drivers
- Meals (breakfast, all snacks, lunch, afternoon tea, large dinner) during the Climbs
- Tents (personal tent, dining tent with table and chairs, kitchen tent and toilet tent)
- Personal tents for clients & crew
- All cooking equipment, plates, cups, utensils etc.
- Private Transfer during climbing (go and back)
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transfer from airport to hotel
- Transfer from Lima / Huaraz / Lima
- Personal Equipment of climbing
- Tours acclimatization
- Huascaran National Park Entrance US$45 per person
- Hotels Lima / Huaraz
- Meals and drinks in the city
- Additional taxes in cities