ANCOHUMA CLIMBING 5 DAYS
The Jankohuma 6427mThere are numerous climbing routes of varying degrees of difficulty, as the Illampu temperatures are extreme, this area is the coolest of the real mountain range, and avalanche probabilities are increased by the amount of ice and rock that accumulates in his spine.
Day 01: La Paz / Transfer to Sorata
We leave in the morning by private transport to the town of Sorata, an exquisite town in the province Larecaja (2700 masl), at the foot of the Illampu massif. In the afternoon, excursion on foot to the caves of San Pedro. Hotel night.
Day 02: Sorata / Trekkinh to Laguna Chilata (4200m) Camp
In the morning, we met our team of muleteers and we started the walk until the exit of the town. The trek begins with a long ascent, we skirt the snowy Illampu to the lagoon Chilata. 4 or 5 hours of walking
Day 03: Laguna Chilata / Trekking to Laguna Glaciar 85050m) Camp
We leave in the morning to begin the ascent to Laguna Glaciar (base camp) that owes its name to the glacier that literally falls on its shore. Magnificent view over Lake Titicaca, Sorata valley and the Andes.
Day 04: Laguna Glaciar / Ascend to Ancohuma High Camp (4750m) Camp
We waited for our porters and left our base camp early to take advantage of the cool of the morning. We head towards the glacier tops where our high camp is. 4 or 5 hours of walking
Day 05: High Camp / Ascend to Ancohuma Summit (6427m) / Descend to Laguna Chilate Camp
Early morning departure in an attempt of the summit, where we will have a magnificent view of Lake Titicaca, the zone of the Yungas and other valleys of the department of La Paz. We start with the descent to the high field and finally we descend to the Chilata lagoon.
Day 06: Laguna Chilata / Trekking to Sorata / Transfer to La Paz Hotel
After breakfast we continue towards the town of Sorata, where we have our private transport and transfer to the city of La Paz
IN THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- UIAGM mountain guide
- Assistant climbing guides for more clients
- Experienced Cooks
- Experienced climbing porters
- Camp Guard
- Donkeys and donkey drivers
- Meals (breakfast, all snacks, lunch, afternoon tea, large dinner) during the Climbs
- Tents (personal tent, dining tent with table and chairs, kitchen tent and toilet tent)
- Personal tents for clients & crew
- All cooking equipment, plates, cups, utensils etc.
- Private Transfer during climbing (go and back)
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transfer from airport to hotel
- Personal Equipment of climbing
- Tours acclimatization
- National Park Entrance
- Hotels Bolivia
- Meals and drinks in the city
- Additional taxes in cities